This course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills relating to business, both national and international combined with enhanced knowledge of e-business and creating and maintaining an online presence. As an open economy Ireland relies on the international trade of goods and services and effective business and marketing skills give businesses, small and large an advantage.
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.
- Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
- CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English.
- All applicants will undergo a processing stage during which further information will be gathered in relation to their application. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory completion of the processing stage.
September to May.
€300 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €50). See fees & payment for details.
Fees status currently being updated for 2024/2025.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Marketing 5M2069.
- QQI Component Maths (5N1833) – available as an option in the evening for learners needing Maths for progression).
Business Administration Skills - 5N1610
Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
Marketing Practice - 5N1400
Conduct a SWOT analysis. Develop a marketing plan for a specific product or service. Examine the life cycle of a range of products including new product development. Explain the elements of the marketing mix. Carry out market research applying appropriate techniques and research methodologies.
Digital Marketing - 5N1364
Choose appropriate e-tools to implement a digital marketing strategy. Plan a digital marketing campaign from inception to completion. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns using analytical e-tools. Outline the stages of analysis, development, implementation and control of digital marketing campaigns. Use e-tools including web analytics, social media monitoring, social bookmarking to monitor digital marketing campaigns.
Team Working - 5N1367
Work Experience - 5N1356
Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning.
Web Authoring - 5N1910
Build professional websites using HTML, CSS, WordPress and video editing techniques.
Behavioural Studies - 5N1351
Examine the role of organisational psychology in understanding the situation of the buyer in the marketing environment. Explain core psychological concepts, e.g .attitudes, culture, socialisation, the influence of groups on behaviour and the importance of the role of family on behaviour.
Statistics - 5N2066
Understand data, data collection and compile statistical information. Identify and implement appropriate means of presenting data. Analyse and interpret statistical information and learn how to use statistics for work and life.
eBusiness Studies - 5N1369
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / WORKSHOPS
- Data Protection (online training)
- Microsoft Outlook (online training)
WORK PLACEMENT / EXPERIENCE
Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a business/industry environment.
EDUCATION PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
Excellent progressions opportunities including:
- UCC: CK201 Commerce L8, CK203 Business Information Systems L8, CK212 Applied Economics L8, CK213 Food Marketing & Entrepreneurship L8.
- MTU: MT550 Business L7 (Cork), MT551 Business Technology & Communication L7 (Cork), MT943 Marketing L8 (Cork).
Excellent progression opportunities to other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with MTU Cork (CCPS), MTU Kerry and SETU (Waterford & Carlow) for preferential entry for students of Morrison’s Island locations.
Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Any business or industry with an online presence.