Want to travel the world? Teach future CIDESCO students? Run your own salon? With a CIDESCO Beauty Therapy qualification you are already on the path to that destination. Make your dreams a reality, and obtain the skills needed to set up a solid career in beauty therapy. Based in Zurich, the CIDESCO International qualification is recognised throughout the world for setting the highest standards of excellence in the Beauty Therapy profession.
- Full QQI Level 5 Award in Beauty Therapy (5M3471).
- ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialist Treatments.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments are required.
September to May.
€904. Other fees of €93.50 for uniforms and kits is paid directly to suppliers on registration day. See fees & payment for details.
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Epilation 603/4042/3 (2143).
- QQI Level 4 award in Environmental Sustainability Awareness – 4N21810
CIDESCO Aesthetics Treatments Theory & Practical
This includes cleansing, skin analysis, eyelash and eyebrow tinting – eyebrow shaping, deep cleansing, electrical equipment, facial massage, mask treatment, make-up, manicure/pedicure, waxing, anatomy and physiology, skin/dermatology, cosmetic science, hygiene, client care and personal presentation.
CIDESCO Body Treatments Theory & Practical
This includes waxing, body analysis, electrical equipment, body massage, natural science, anatomy and physiology, hygiene and client care.
CIDESCO Anatomy & Physiology
CIDESCO Project with case histories
Candidates are required to research and write a project assignment (2500-4000 words) on a subject relevant to the study of beauty therapy and connected to their Case Histories.
ITEC Electrical Epilation
Electrical epilation is a method of permanent hair removal, in this ITEC course the student will learn the practical skills and theoretical knowledge to help treat clients effectively. Unlike other methods of hair removal, electrical epilation treats all hair colours and strengths with permanent results.
QQI Level 4 in Environmental Sustainability Awareness - 4N21810
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / WORKSHOPS
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme workshops – Dermalogica is the professional’s choice in skincare and over 100,000 therapists use this brand worldwide. Students will attend a range of online workshops to achieve the “Aspire Excellence Award”. The Aspire Skills Series gives access to the most up-to-date and industry relevant training covering all aspects of skincare from retailing to client consultations and treatments, touch therapy to technology.
- Hot Stones Massage – During this Hot stone massage workshop learners will develop the skills and techniques to perform hot stone massages successfully, ensuring the client releases stored tension, boosts circulation, recharges energy levels and enjoys deep relaxation. The workshop includes a brief history of Hot Stone massage, outlines the contra indications to consider. In addition, it highlights the benefits of Hot Stone massage and explains the materials & equipment, required, how set up and includes a practical, hands on learning.
- Indian Head Massage – Indian head massage is a treatment that has multiple positive effects on the Nervous System focusing on the head, neck, shoulders upper arms and face. It is undoubtedly one of the most relaxing treatments and most enjoyable short courses to partake in. During the course you will be worked on and will work on each other in order to understand the true benefits both physically and mentally. During the course we will also cover Client consultation, understanding and checking for contraindications and client care. Additionally, Hygiene, Health and Safety and muscles and bones of the area will also be covered.
- We also offer students the opportunity to avail of a range of optional courses such as Threading, Gel Polish, Lash Lift & Brow Lamination, Lash Extensions, HD Brows, Spray Tanning etc. subject to demand.
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants must have successfully completed the Beauty and Body Therapy Level 5 course or equivalent.
Are there any other costs involved?
Yes, students will be required to purchase kits as well as textbooks, which cost approximately €94 in total. These amounts are payable directly to the suppliers and the amounts are subject to change.
When will I get an offer of a place if I am successful?
Applicants who complete and return the processing form before 1st June will receive offers of a place before June 3rd. All applications made over the summer will be processed in August and applicants will be notified late August/early September.
What do I need to do to get a place on the course?
Apply through our website www.morrisonsislandcampus.ie and complete the online application form.
Is there a lot of theory on the course?
Yes, there is a lot of theory to learn.
What qualifications will I get at the end of the year?
Students will receive the following qualifications if they pass all exams:
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Epilation.
Is there work experience on this course?
Yes, students are released to do work placement one day a week. Students are asked to find their own work placement where possible. Students are also offered the opportunity to work in the College Salon on Fridays.
How long does the course run for?
The course will run from September to May. It is a full-time day course. Four days in the college and one day on work placement.
Students will undertake work experience one day a week in a salon environment. The college has a fully equipped training salon which is open on Fridays for customers and students also gain experience here.
Work placement is a highly valued component of the student experience here at the college. An excellent opportunity for you to gain insight into the world of work. Students are encouraged to source their own Work Placement but you will be supported by the Work Placement team should you need assistance to do this.
- The CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma is Internationally recognized in the Beauty, Spa & Wellness Industry worldwide.
- CIDESCO Training – Students must undergo a course of at least 1200 hours of training in practical and theoretical work in a registered CIDESCO School. Cork College of Further Education, Morrisons Island Campus is the only CIDESCO registered college in Cork.
- CIDESCO Examinations – On completion of the course, students take the CIDESCO Examination which consists of: Facial examination, Body examination, Written examination, Project with Case Histories.
EDUCATION PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
Some of our popular progression opportunities include:
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- NABTET Teacher Training Award.
Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Students pursue a wide variety of careers such as working in hotel spas, beauty salons, cruise liners, beauty therapy tutor, mobile therapist, sales representatives, beauty counter sales and self employment.