If you think that you would like to be working in the admin hub at the frontline in any organisation, then this course was designed for you. Learn all of the key skills required to be the ‘go to’ person in a busy organisational hub, reception area or to be the sole admin member in a smaller business.
September to May.
€300 including QQI examination fees (Medical card holders exempt from €50). See fees & payment for more details.
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.
- Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
- CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English.
- All applicants are interviewed.
- An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration 5M2468.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / WORKSHOPS
WORK PLACEMENT / EXPERIENCE
Students undertake work placement one day per week in an office/business environment.
EDUCATION PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
Excellent progressions opportunities including:
- Morrison’s Island Campus: Progress to 1 of the Morrison’s Island Campus Advanced Business Specialisms, subject to entry requirements being met.
- MTU Cork: Business Studies (MT550), Business Technology & Communications (MT551)
- UCC: Commerce (CK201)
Great progression opportunities to other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with MTU Cork (CCPS), MTU Kerry and SETU (Waterford & Carlow) for preferential entry for students of Morrison’s Island locations. Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Any business office environment. Past students have been employed in numerous administrative positions such as Retail Solutions, accountants, medical practices, solicitors, auctioneers etc.