If you feel that you have an aptitude for business and its application in the world of sales then this is the course for you. Learn the basic skills of business and administration with a view to developing expertise in the dynamic world of retail. Learn frontline skills coupled with an understanding of how the retail industry works.
September to May.
€300 including QQI examination fees (Medical card holders exempt from €50). See fees & payment for more details.
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.
- Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
- CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English.
- All applicants are interviewed.
- An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies 5M2102.
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression).
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / WORKSHOPS
WORK PLACEMENT / EXPERIENCE
Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a marketing/retail/business environment.
EDUCATION PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
Some of our popular progression opportunities include:
- UCC: CK201 Commerce L8, CK203 Business Information Systems L8, CK212 Applied Economics L8, CK213 Food Marketing & Entrepreneurship L8.
- MTU: MT550 Business L7 (Cork), MT551 Business Technology & Communication L7 (Cork), MT943 Marketing (Cork).
Excellent progression opportunities to other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with MTU Cork (CCPS), MTU Kerry and SETU (Waterford & Carlow) for preferential entry for students of Morrison’s Island locations. Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Any career in the field of business administration or in the world of sales and marketing.