Mental Health Awareness Week
Next week we are excited to launch Mental Health Awareness Week in our campus. This is an initiative aimed at fostering open conversations, support and awareness surrounding mental health. We have dedicated the entire week from Monday 2nd October to mental health, with an array of activities each day designed to engage, educate and inspire.
- Monday 2/10/23: PR students will distribute Green Ribbons to classes. The ELC department will put up posters in the college. There will be a Feelings Box in the foyer where students can write post-it notes which will be displayed on Wednesday on a Feelings Tree outside the Study Hall. JIGSAW will be giving a talk in Room 111 from 2.30pm-3.30pm, all welcome.
- Tuesday 3/10/23: Maria and Attracta will launch the Health and Happiness Digital Badge.
- Wednesday 4/10/23: Everyone is encouraged to wear Green for Mental Health. Pieta House will give a talk in Room 111 at 12 and again at 1pm.
- Thursday 5/10/23: The Conversation Café will take place in the Study Hall from 11am-12 where students can sit and chat. Cork Gay Project will be giving a talk in room 111 from 12-1pm.
- Friday 6/10/23: Winner of Poster Competition announced.
- Also, Room 317 will be used as a Mediation Room for the week available at various times during the day.
Your encouragement and support is important to make this week a success where together we can create a compassionate community where no one feels alone in their struggles.
Thanks in advance for your support.