- Nail Technology /Nail Art(Theory and Practical) ITEC –Manicure, Gel polish application, Pedicure, Acrylic nails, Gel nails, Nail wraps i.e. silks/fibreglass, Sculptured nails, Nail Art for natural nails.
- Professional Conduct and Business Awareness ITEC – Learn about elements required for the work place and when running a business, subjects include business and health & safety.
- Skin Care, Eye Treatments and Make-Up 5N3466: The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work autonomously and independently in carrying out skincare and eye treatments and in applying make-up.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning.
- CCOC Phorest Salon Software Certificate: Phorest Salon Software is an all-in platform that helps salon owners manage their appointments, clients, stock, and staff. It also has key features for marketing and social media to enable a salon to grow to its full potential. At the College, we offer our learners an introductory course in this software. This includes how to manage appointments and therapists, couple and group bookings. Additionally, beauty salon consultation forms, customer tracking, beauty salon marketing and selling and purchasing are also included.
- Certificate in Digital Marketing: An introduction to the world of digital marketing. This workshop is designed to enable participants to take their digital campaigns to another level. Learners will understand the difference between traditional and digital marketing, as well as understanding the digital environment.
- Data Protection: This workshop gives learners an overview of GDPR. The workshop examines what GDPR stands for and gives an understanding of the current data protection rules and obligations. The learners also receive information on the types of data, the terminology associated with GDPR, the penalties with breaches, storage of data and general do’s and don’ts regarding data.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature applicants are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants will need to demonstrate an interest in Nails at interview and must bring with them a portfolio of some nail work completed by them as evidence of their interest. This should include at least 5 photographs of nails painted by the interviewee. All applicants will undergo a processing stage during which further information will be gathered in relation to their application. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory completion of the processing stage.
This course is geared towards the workplace environment and employment.
Nail Technician in a Beauty Salon, Nail Bar, Nail Technician on Cruise ships e.g. Steiner, Skincare Expert in a Beauty Salon or on a Skincare counter, Self-employed/Mobile Nail Technician, (I.T.E.C is an International Qualification for work abroad) Product trainer, Sales Representative, Retail Industry.
All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to CCOC college jobs register and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €498 – this cost includes ITEC and QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €20). Approx €850 for kits, uniforms etc. which will be paid directly to suppliers on registration day. See Payment for details.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology 603/4040/X (2142)
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Nail Art 603/4054/X (2128)
- QQI Level 5 Component Certificates in Work Experience 5N1356 and Skin Care, Eye Treatments & Make-Up 5N3466
- Work Experience: Students undertake a work placement one day a week in a nail bar/beauty therapy environment, which they organise themselves.
- Click here to view the prospectus page.