- Valuation 5N3908 – Produce a valuation for a residential property using various methods. Outline essential considerations when arranging a mortgage. Distinguish between the key methods of property evaluation. Complete a freehold and a leasehold evaluation in respect of a leased commercial property. Explore the various government taxes including stamp duty, section tax relief etc. Understand the planning process, zoning and density.
- Estate Agency Practice 5N3025 – Create a press release and a brochure for the sale and letting of a property. Design suitable marketing material for an auctioneering company and the properties on its books. Demonstrate knowledge of the procedures followed from commencement of the sales process to completion of the sale. Explore the roles of relevant professional and legislative bodies in the industry.
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Marketing Practice 5N1400 – Conduct a SWOT analysis. Develop a marketing plan for a specific product or service. Examine the life cycle of a range of products including new product development. Explain the elements of the marketing mix. Carry out market research applying appropriate techniques and research methodologies.
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Customer Service 5N0972 – Apply the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required to perform effectively when dealing with customers. Handle a range of challenging situations, demonstrate team or group work in providing customer care. Look at practical examples of organisations with good customer care and their success.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- myhome.ie software: The workshop aims to enable learners gain hands on experience of using Myhome.ie Property Management Software. The content includes managing all stages of the sales lifecycle including residential and commercial sales and letting. Additionally, generating documents, managing appointments and invoice generation will also be included
- Safety & Health: This workshop will give the learner an overview of Health and Safety Legislation in Ireland. The content includes overview of the Acts, regulations and codes of practice pertaining to Health and Safety in Ireland including an introduction to The Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005. It outlines employers and employee duties under The Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 as well as the Safety Statement and undertaking Risk Assessment including hazards, risks and control arrangements.
- Microsoft Outlook: This workshop demonstrates how to use the internet to compose, send, receive and store electronic mail to include attaching a file to an email and managing email folders. It also facilitates the learner to explore areas related to browser-based email systems including demonstrating the use of at least one current email software package for example: compose, send, receive, reply, forward, print, store electronic messages and open file attachments, attach a file to an email message and create and manage mailboxes and transfer messages to and from relevant mailboxes. Furthermore, learners develop an appreciation of email etiquette as regards: content, length, style and tone of composed messages and they set up a web-based email account.
- Data Protection: This workshop gives learners an overview of GDPR. The workshop examines what GDPR stands for and gives an understanding of the current data protection rules and obligations. The learners also receive information on the types of data, the terminology associated with GDPR, the penalties with breaches, storage of data and general do’s and don’ts regarding data.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants will undergo a processing stage during which further information will be gathered in relation to their application. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory completion of the processing stage.
Excellent progressions opportunities including:
- TU: TU731 BSc Auctioneering, Valuation & Estate Agency and TU836 BSc Property Economics (Valuation Surveying) L8
- LIT: LC242 BSc Property Valuation and Management and LC248 BSc Built Environment (Common Entry)
- CCOC: Auctioneering & Property Services Apprenticeship
- CCOC: Progress to 1 of the CCOC Advanced Business Specialisms, subject to entry requirements being met.
Special arrangements in place with MTU Cork (CCPS), MTU Kerry and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 CAO points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Administration roles in the auctioneering, estate agents and property management or property letting sector.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €300 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €50). See payment for details.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business 5M2102
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
- myhome.ie certificate
- Work Experience:Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in an estate agency/auctioneers office.
- Click here to view the prospectus page.