Do you see yourself advancing in the Beauty Therapy industry? Would you like to learn more about new products, new technologies and new treatments? Then this course is for you. Students work with the highly prestigious Dermalogica products in state of the art facilities and get hands on experience in the colleges own salon. Masterclasses and workshops are also included in this busy course.
- Body and Beauty Science and Treatments 6N3472 – Take your beauty treatments to an advanced level. This module provides you the learner with the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to carry out a range of specialised body and beauty treatments. Learn the science theory of the why and how treatments & products work and implement your learning into customised treatment for your client. Practical treatments include advanced customised facial & body massage treatments, body exfoliation & body wraps as well as specialised hand & foot treatments.
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
- Customer Service 6N0697 – Construct an organisational customer care charter for two different types of organisation. Design a customer service programme for staff. Facilitate effective teamwork and customer care. Design a tool to measure customer satisfaction.
- Depilation, Tanning & Lightening 6N3473 – Learn the theory & practical techniques for temporary hair removal, tanning and lightening the skin. The learner will gain the knowledge and skill required in the Beauty industry for waxing, tanning techniques including spray & conventional products as well as experiencing lightening treatments for the skin & hair.
- Nail Technology 6N3476 – The aim of this module is to progress to the advanced level of nail treatments, you will learn the theory & practical elements for acrylic, gel & wrap nail enhancements. This will broaden your job opportunities as the learner have the skills and knowledge to required to complete these treatments in any salon, nail bar or be a self-employed therapist.
- Indian Head Massage 6N3477 – Indian Head Massage one of the oldest forms of Head massage working on the client upper body, head, and face, using specific massage techniques.
- Electrical Epilation 6N3475 – In this module you will acquire the practical skill of permanent hair removal by electrical epilation. You will gain a vast knowledge in hair types ,hair growth cycle & function of the hair.
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme workshops: Dermalogica is the professional’s choice in skin care, and over 100,000 therapists use these products worldwide. During the workshop learners will be informed about Daily Skincare: A Retail Guide, the Dermalogica: Pro Skin Treatment, Acne, Allergies and Ageing and Dermalogica: Pro Power Peel.
- Hot Stones Massage: During this Hot stone massage workshop learners will develop the skills and techniques to perform hot stone massages successfully, ensuring the client releases stored tension, boosts circulation, recharges energy levels and enjoys deep relaxation. The workshop includes a brief history of Hot Stone massage, outlines the contra indications to consider. In addition, it highlights the benefits of Hot Stone massage and explains the materials & equipment, required, how set up and includes a practical, hands on learning.
- We also offer students the opportunity to avail of a range of optional courses such as Threading, Gel Polish, Lash Lift & Brow Lamination, Lash Extensions, HD Brows, Spray Tanning etc subject to demand
Full QQI Level 5 Award in Beauty Therapy 5M3471 is required. All applicants will undergo a processing stage during which further information will be gathered in relation to their application. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory completion of the processing stage.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- TUS(Limerick): Bus Studies in Beauty & Spa Mgt (US946)
Students pursue a wide variety of careers such as working in hotel spas, beauty salons, cruise liners, mobile therapist, sales representatives, beauty counter sales and self employment.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €490 including QQI fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See Payment for details.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Beauty Therapy 6M3479
- Work Experience: Students will undertake work experience one day a week in a salon environment, which they organise themselves. The college has a fully equipped training salon which is open on Fridays for customers and students also gain experience here.